Traditional recipes are those that continue to triumph despite the years, thanks to their simplicity and quality. Potatoes a la Riojana are a traditional Spanish dish that we can cook for children.
Potatoes and chorizo are a nutritious combination that children will love. It contains carbohydrates, fats and proteins, which is why it is a good main dish for the cold months.
- 1 kg. of patatos
- 250 gr. chorizo
- 1 onion
- 2 green peppers
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 liters of meat broth
- Olive oil
1. Put oil to heat in a large pot. Chop the onion very finely and fry it until it is transparent.
2. Add the chopped green pepper, the chopped chorizo and the bay leaf and fry for a few minutes over medium heat.
3. Add the paprika and the broth (or water, failing that) and wait for it to boil.
4. Peel and chop the potatoes. When the broth comes to a boil add the potatoes and cook everything for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
5. Add the chopped roasted pepper and serve.
The Children's Guide trick: For those who like spicy, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a chilli
You can read more articles similar to Potatoes Riojana's style. Spanish recipe for children, in the category of Potatoes on site.